EPEL libmodplug unretirement [was: Re: Orphaned packages with vulnerabilities]

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 12:51:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

>> I'm completely unfamiliar with the sources; probably I'd be able to
handle
>> it somehow in the end, but for a price of a lot of time that
>> I'd need to use ...
>
> Yes, a simple rebase will help here and is IMHO applicable here, since
> it is the lesser evil.

ok, I've tried to just bump the version and it seems to work, so I've filed
new SCM admin request (bug #1133548, as I couldn't find the original
review)

what's next, suppose I have to wait until it is processed, then clone the
repo and proceed with the update as usual, then step 6. "Request that
Release Engineering team unblock the package for the current release, via
their trac instance" ...?

> It is not necessarily necessary to rebuild the
> dependent packages, if libmodplug did not change too much.

the so version did not change, so let's hope for the best

I mean EL6 ... still not sure what about EL5 ...

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team