EPEL Can 7 packages depend on Software Collections packages?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 21:08:09 UTC 2014

On 26 August 2014 15:01, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can EPEL7 packages depend on Software Collections packages?

No they can not. Every package we ship in EPEL must only rely on what is
shipped in either EPEL or base RHEL (or CentOS as it doesn't have a ton of
confusing channels).

> If not, is there any plan to have a separate repository for that?

Not at this time. Software Collections aren't supported in the Fedora
upstream yet and are not supported in the builders. When that changes,
changes to what EPEL can support will be possible.

Stephen J Smoogen.