EPEL Reformed Steering Committee

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 18:48:47 UTC 2014

At last week's EPEL meeting, it was proposed that at least a short term
governing committee be put together to help on the following items:

1) EPEL.next (EPIC or EPEL-rolling, etc)
2) Formalizing various amounts of unwritten rules for package addition,
removal and maintenance in current repos.
3) Lower workload on Kevin Fenzi and Dennis Gilmore as they have been EPEL
since the last EPSCO was around.

At that meeting the following people were nominated to the committee:

Dennis Gilmore
Kevin Fenzi
Stephen Smoogen
Jim Perrin

Todays (2014-08-29) meeting this was 'formalized' with people attending the
meeting.  Added to that was a beginning proposal of committee governance:

The governance structure will be a short term organization to set up
policies and procedues in place for continual maintenance of EPEL. The term
of the committee will end 3 months after either new repos are setup or
voted not going to happen by said committee. If a longer term running
committee is required, the previous board will set up policies for
elections and term lengths before the short term committee ends.

After the meeting I realized that wasn't a good deadline so would like to
alter it these changes should be completed by the Fedora 22 release date.

Working Motto: We put the SCO in Enterprise Linux

--
Stephen J Smoogen.