EPEL Reformed Steering Committee

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 22:52:14 UTC 2014

On 29 August 2014 16:15, Michael Stahnke <stahnma at puppetlabs.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> At last week's EPEL meeting, it was proposed that at least a short term
>> governing committee be put together to help on the following items:
>>
>> 1) EPEL.next (EPIC or EPEL-rolling, etc)
>> 2) Formalizing various amounts of unwritten rules for package addition,
>> removal and maintenance in current repos.
>> 3) Lower workload on Kevin Fenzi and Dennis Gilmore as they have been
>> EPEL since the last EPSCO was around.
>>

> Are EPEL.next and current EPEL going to be steered by the same people?

At the moment yes.

>> At that meeting the following people were nominated to the committee:
>>
>> Dennis Gilmore
>> Kevin Fenzi
>> Stephen Smoogen
>> Jim Perrin
>>
>>  Todays (2014-08-29) meeting this was 'formalized' with people attending
>> the meeting.  Added to that was a beginning proposal of committee
>> governance:
>>

> Is the meeting time also formalized? I can make this most of the time, but
> forgot this morning. (Added to calendar now).

Yes the meetings will be Friday 1600 UTC in #epel until changed. Any
changes will be announced on this list.

>> The governance structure will be a short term organization to set up
>> policies and procedues in place for continual maintenance of EPEL. The term
>> of the committee will end 3 months after either new repos are setup or
>> voted not going to happen by said committee. If a longer term running
>> committee is required, the previous board will set up policies for
>> elections and term lengths before the short term committee ends.
>>
>> After the meeting I realized that wasn't a good deadline so would like to
>> alter it these changes should be completed by the Fedora 22 release date.
>>

> When is this project release date?  On
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/Schedule?rd=Releases/22 I see
> 2015-XX-XX. That's a lot of leeway.

There is nothing more formal than that. I would expect that it will be 6
months after F21 which I am expecting to be in November/December of 2014
which would put 22 around June 2015. I think that getting all the items
done by November/December is hard to meet but by June should be done. The
committee can stand down at any time also.

>> Working Motto: We put the SCO in Enterprise Linux
>>

> Nice

Stephen J Smoogen.