[EPEL-devel] Orphaning EPEL-7 perl-TeX-Hyphen

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 15:35:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 09:37:59AM +0100, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 07:13:48PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > The following packages have been orphaned or depend on orphaned packages
> > over 6 weeks. They will be removed on Wednesday 2014-12-17 unless packagers
> > take them.
>
> [...]
>
> > perl-TeX-Hyphen
>
> Looking at
>
> 	https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/perl-TeX-Hyphen/
>
> the package has psabata as the contact for Fedora devel, Fedora 21,
> Fedora 20, Fedora 19, Fedora EPEL 7. Is he orphaning the packages or
> why is perl-TeX-Hyphen on the list?
>
> Running
>
> 	# rpm -q --requires perl-TeX-Hyphen-1.01-1.el7
> 	perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.16.3)
> 	perl(strict)
> 	perl(vars)
> 	rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
> 	rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1
> 	rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
> 	rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1
>
> Does not look like it depends on any packages at all.
>
> Being the upstream author, I will gladly take over the maintainership
> if needed but I'd appreciate some hints about the process of doing so.
>
> --
> Jan Pazdziora

I'm not orphaning anything; quite the contrary -- I picked up all the
orphaned packages [0] in all EPEL branches listed on the wiki [1] after
Orion's post to perl-devel list over a week ago [2].

If these are going to be removed tomorrow, it will be rather disappointing.

Petr

[0] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/perl-devel/2014-December/115437.html
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Bug_Day_2014#Orphaned_Packages
[2] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/perl-devel/2014-December/114230.html