EPEL Orphan or retire the TurboGears (v1) stack in 7

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 00:41:41 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Zhiwei Zhu's message of 2014-07-11 09:31:37 +1000:
> Thanks. Understand the situation now.
> Will discuss with my lead about the possibility to maintain the
> packages by ourselves.
>
> BTW, as we don't have experience of maintaining packages on epel, we
> have no idea how much effort will be required to do that or how
> difficult it would be.
> Could you help to share something about this? I understand that there
> is some kind of co-maintainer path to take for new maintainers but
> don't how to start it.

I had hoped we would have Beaker ported off TG1 long before now, and
I was going to use the retirement of the EPEL7 TG1 stack as extra
motivation to get it done, but realistically we will be depending on it
for quite a while still, just like you Zhiwei.

So I can maintain the TG1 stack in EPEL7. I will start the un-retiring
process for all the packages we need and post the exact list here.

Zhiwei, if you would like to co-maintain that would be a great help. I'm
not able to sponsor you into the packager group, but I think you can be
a co-maintainer without a sponsor (actually I'm not sure about that...)

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Hosted & Shared Services