EPEL Orphan or retire the TurboGears (v1) stack in 7

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 07:41:04 UTC 2014

I was just looking through the list of packages which Toshio retired:

Excerpts from Toshio Kuratomi's message of 2014-06-17 05:01:26 +1000:
> == Packages to be orphaned retired ==
> * python-cherrypy2
> * python-elixir
> * python-peak-rules
> * python-turbocheetah
> * bodhi
> * python-tgcaptcha2
> * python-turboflot
> * python-turbokid (need to remove a spurious dep on this from TurboGears2)
> * python-turbojson (need to remove a spurious dep on this from TurboGears2)
> * python-paste-script (this one has other dependents in Fedora but none in
>   EPEL7.  Please speak up or revive this later if you're interested)

I think the only ones out of these which we need for Beaker (unless
I have missed some transitive deps) are:

* python-cherrypy2
* python-elixir
* python-peak-rules
* python-turbokid
* python-turbojson
* python-turbocheetah
* python-paste-script

Jacky, will that be enough for you?

I'm a little confused now though... I would have also expected these
other TG1 pieces to be on the list:

* python-TurboMail
* python-tgmochikit
* TurboGears

but it looks like they are not retired... Toshio, is there some reason
you left them out?

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Hosted & Shared Services