EPEL [Package Request] Thunar rpm for EL7 not ready.

Suse Shi sinosuse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:06:20 UTC 2014

thanks,

   I tried to build  pkgs manually,

   yes the desktop-background may not be a must option for EL, (I think we
can just safely ignore it when hit dep. warning.)

   I compiled the package into 4 RPMs, just install the basic one to
fulfill RPM deps. by xfdesktop.

desktop-backgrounds-basic-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
desktop-backgrounds-gnome-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
desktop-backgrounds-compat-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
desktop-backgrounds-waves-20.0.0-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm

   there are other issues for XFCE users anyway, deps not yet solved
correctly,

1. NetworkManager is installed.
    I still need to inst network-manager-applet manually for XFCE desktop.

    # network-manager-applet-0.9.9.0-15.git20140307.el7.x86_64

    seems the name has been changed for a long time, just Im using old
release fc15, and cost some time on searching pkg" "NetworkManager-gnome"

2.  some packages are not ready for XFCE:

     I build following packages: based on fc20

     xfce4-terminal-0.6.3-1.el7.centos.x86_64
     xfce4-screenshooter-1.8.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64

     Also there's no default web browser, Mail client, fonts....

     icons not working ok,  I checked  default "gnome-icon-theme" is
installed,  so switch the icons times, it now works.

FYI and may EPEL working better.

Thanks,
-suse

--