EPEL 7 package requests: pyephem, blt, tcllib, tdom

Zhiwei Zhu z_zhu at wargaming.net
Tue Jul 22 00:01:50 UTC 2014

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for clarifying this:
" Those are the instructions if you are a fedora maintainer... if you are just an interested user, the process is much simpiler:

File a bug on the epel version of the package and ask if the maintainer would be willing to maintain it for epel7 as well.
If there's no answer in 1 week, another maintainer could step in, at that point you could ask the list if anyone would be willing to step in and maintain it. "

And couldn't agree more on:
" We need to make the faq more clear on this point... "

I faced the same problem with Kyle and got the same understanding as Kyle did.
I made a different mistake by editing: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/epel7/Requests#EPEL_Branch_Requests

Best Regards
Jacky