EPEL importing a slew of packages into 7?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Jul 22 20:25:34 UTC 2014

Hi, everybody,

I've been testing RT4 (trouble ticket system) as an EL7 package,
depending on EPEL7 for several of the dependencies.

It requires _many_ Perl modules - the current delta between Fedora 20
and EPEL7 is about 64 perl module packages, one font package, and the RT
package itself (which isn't quite ready yet).  Current progress is here:

  https://www.bfccomputing.com/downloads/fedora/rt/el7/rt4/

I'd like to start the process of getting at least the Perl packages into
EPEL7 so that when the RT package is done, there's just that to contend
with.  The Perl and font packages all rebuild cleanly from the f20 srpms.

I've read about the EPEL process on the wiki, but before I go and open
65 bugzilla issues, I wanted to ask here first, because that sounds like
it might cause somebody quite a headache.  If there's a better way to do
it, I'm all ears, but happy to file the bugs if that's best.

The Fedora developer for most of these packages is on the 'not
interested in EPEL' list - so to get this into EPEL will need another
packager.  If somebody wants to sponsor me, I can take on tending to
these, as I'll be using them daily anyway.

Thanks,
-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle