EPEL RHEL 7 Workstation optional channel in Fedora's Koji

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:29:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Simone Caronni <negativo17 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 June 2014 16:46, T.C. Hollingsworth <tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd suggest filing a bug in bugzilla first, explaining the pain this
>> causes downstream addon repositories like EPEL.  For all we know the
>> -devel subpackage is only missing in Server due to some oversight.
>
> Opened this one, hope it's correct:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5915

Well actually I meant to ask RHEL release engineering to add
jansson-devel to the Server repository along with the main jansson
package.  It seems kind of silly to have the main package in Server
and the -devel package in Workstation.

You can file a bug with RHEL rel-eng here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Linux%207&component=releng&version=7.0

Of course, supporting Workstation in general would be very nice, so
your other ticket is warranted, but I think getting this particular
problem fixed on the RHEL side would still be a good idea regardless
of the outcome of that.

-T.C.