EPEL 7 i686 libraries

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Mar 17 14:54:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:52:05 +0100
Simone Caronni <negativo17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> maybe I missed this, but I would like to know what's the status of
> EPEL 7 32 bit (i686) support.

It does not exist. ;)

There is an effort by some CentOS folks to build i686...

> I see that in Koji all libraries are x86_64 or ppc64. Shouldn't we
> have i686 libraries as well, much like in Fedora?

Nope, because RHEL7 (beta at least, which is all we have) does not
ship a 32bit version.

> Also considering that the system itself has many 32 bit libraries:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/epel7

Yeah, RHEL does multilib (so I assume they build some parts 32bit and
add them into the 64bit tree.)

Until we have a 32bit tree to build against, we cannot do similar I'm
afraid.

kevin