EPEL Concerning request for libupnp addition

Aaron W. Hsu arcfide at sacrideo.us
Sun Mar 30 02:38:23 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-29 at 19:55 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Are you intending to maintain it? The epel6 branch is orphaned, so the
> acls were copied from that branch and it has no owner.
>
> If you want to maintain it you should be able to login to pkgdb and
> take it. If you're not a packager, the correct way to request a package
> is via a bugzilla request (or request here), the request page is for
> package maintainers.

Aaah, thank you, that makes sense now. I didn't realize that the request
page was only for package maintainers. I do not currently maintain any
packages on Fedora, and someone is already maintaining Fedora packages
for the application (RetroShare) that I was trying to install. I was
interested in libupnp because it is a dependency for RetroShare; I am
not doing any development with it directly.

I appreciate the clarification. Thank you.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide at sacrideo.us | http://www.sacrideo.us
Please support my work: https://www.gittip.com/arcfide/

לֵ֤ב חֲכָמִים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית אֵ֔בֶל וְלֵ֥ב כְּסִילִ֖ים בְּבֵ֥ית שִׂמְחָֽה׃