[EPEL-devel] epel-release: consider adding %epel macro ?

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Fri Oct 31 12:54:01 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
>
> > +%epel %{?rhel}%{!?:rhel:7}
>
> typo alert ^^ (in the second part), but hopefully you get the idea.
>
> Or, if you'd rather not depend on %rhel macro, and just hard-code to 7,
> that
> would be fine too.

The approach looks good to me.

The patch needs a little work though: besides the typo you mentioned, the
install line is copying the wrong SOURCE file.

I see %rhel is present on CentOS -- I can't speak to other rebuilds though.
It would be nice to verify that.

Bonus points for a second patch to remove all the extra trailing whitespace
happening in this spec :)

-Jeff