EPEL EpSCO Email Meeting:

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:54:34 UTC 2014

On 5 September 2014 08:27, Jeff Sheltren <jeff at tag1consulting.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>>    - EpSCO governance.
>>       - Lifetime of initial committee (9 months?)
>>
>> This is fine for me.  Somewhere in the 6-12 month range seems reasonable.

I am going to take your initial request for putting an end date for this
emergency committee but change the end date to March 31 2015. I think that
will put a good 6 months to our current work and hopefully get it to a
state where the next committee can focus on regular package problems.

>>    -
>>       - Replacement of any exiting members (replacement by formal vote,
>>       etc).
>>
>> Vote of existing committee members, or vote of the wider EPEL dev/user
> community?  I'm fine with having it done with a committee vote.
>

>>    -
>>       - Size of committee (4 members? 5 members?)
>>
>> I was in favor of 4 members when it was brought up in the last meeting.
>  However, it occurs to me that all of the people volunteered/nominated are
> RedHat employees (correct me if I'm wrong?).  So I'd prefer to have one
> more member -- a non-RH person.  This is in no way a comment on you all who
> I trust and believe want to do best by the community, but others may not
> see this the same way.

At this point there isn't anyone who isn't a RH employee who has said they
could make regular meetings and would like to sit on a steering committee
to do a lot of grundge work looking through policies and dealing with
people. If there is such a person I would be happy to look at them as a 5th
member (or if one of the 4 want to leave).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.