[EPEL-devel] Request to add glibc-static for rhel 7 ppc64 and ppc64le to EPEL

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:49:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Kaustubh Deorukhkar <kaustubh.deo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am looking for glibc-static packages for RHEL 7 (ppc64 and ppc64le) but
> these are not available in EPEL repo. Is it possible to get these in epel
> repo please?

They are available as part of the base OS. The output of "yum info
glibc-static" is the following on my machine:
Available Packages
Name        : glibc-static
Arch        : i686
Version     : 2.12
Release     : 1.149.el6_6.5
Size        : 1.1 M
Repo        : updates
Summary     : C library static libraries for -static linking.
URL         : http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/
License     : LGPLv2+ and LGPLv2+ with exceptions and GPLv2+
Description : The glibc-static package contains the C library static
libraries
            : for -static linking.  You don't need these, unless you link
statically,
            : which is highly discouraged.