[EPEL-devel] EPEL meeting minutes 2015-01-09

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:44:53 UTC 2015

On 9 January 2015 at 13:04, Mátyás Selmeci <matyas at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

>  On 01/09/15 12:04, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>

> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/epel/2015-01-09/epel.2015-01-09-17.00.log.html

>   Hi,
> Are the orphan purges going to be batched in the future, or will they be
> automatic once a package hits that 6-week mark? What kind of advance
> warning can users expect before these packages (and their dependents) get
> removed?
> -Mat

As far as I understand it is not possible to automate this. Thus it will
always be sort of batched. There is a weekly email which covers what
packages are currently orphaned. People should watch for those if they are
interested.

Does that answer the question? [Sorry headache so words not working well.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.