[EPEL-devel] Orphaned Packages in epel5 (2014-12-21)

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Jan 23 21:46:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:26:02AM +0100, Felix Schwarz wrote:

> Am 22.12.2014 um 00:34 schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> > I don't maintain flumotion , I'm Awaiting Review (to have commit
> > rights), because I'd like update it to flumotion-0.10.1 or git master
> > version (pre 0.11.0), on rawhide we have flumotion-0.10.0 (released on
> > 2011-10-10 )
>
> The same thing applies for other packages: Could we modify the script so it
> only "maintainers" must be able to commit code/grant permissions instead of
> just watchcommits/watchbugzilla?

I do not fully understand your suggestion. Nevertheless, the script
should notify everyone who is interested in the package, to make it less
likely that it is unnecessarily retired. Packages that are orphaned
can be grabbed by any packager, so the ACLs of depending packages do not
really matter.

Regards
Till