[EPEL-devel] EPEL-5 packages to be removed

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Jan 25 20:10:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 10:36:17PM +0100, Felix Schwarz wrote:

> sorry: somehow I totally misunderstood what you wrote me earlier + I didn't
> occur to me that also subpackages might cause the main package to be removed.
> Anyhow I can just hope you accept apologies.

no need for apologies. Everyone makes mistakes. :-)

> Now it seems as if I have to do something to save a part of EPEL5's Python
> stack from removal.

You can also just maintain the python packages. AFAIK nobody is really
forcing that python26 is removed from EPEL5, it is just a lack of
interest in package maintainers to care about the affected packages.

> What's next? Do I have to trigger a build or even push an update?

Yes, you need to push an update to make sure that no broken
dependencies stay in the repository. Please do it soon so I can move
forward and retire all packages with broken dependencies in EPEL.

Regards
Till