[EPEL-devel] Python 3 discussion

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 12:11:08 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Bohuslav Kabrda's message of 2015-03-02 21:59 +10:00:

Hmm okay. I didn't realise this.

So that means that:
* Fedora specfiles can't be used unchanged (they will require python3-*,
  needs to have %{python3_pkgversion} macro inserted)
* applications will need to be rebuilt to pick up a change from
  python34-* to python35-*
which is a bit unfortunate.

Is there any reason why we shouldn't just upgrade applications to the
python35-* stack straight away, by providing python3-*?

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Hosted & Shared Services