[EPEL-devel] Lots of broken dependencies in EPEL 6

Samia, Michel msamia at netsuite.com
Mon Mar 16 14:05:28 UTC 2015

Hello Ralph Bean,

It looks like your commit [1] broke lots of packages in epel. It caused that python-urllib3 was removed from all EPEL6 mirrors. Unfortunately, lots of packages in EPEL, for example those mentioned in [2], require this library. Your commit message mentions that this package is going to appear in RHEL 6. I'm not able to verify if it is true, but at least in CentOS and Oracle Linux, this package isn't available. Or am I doing something wrong?

If I'm right, please revert your commit ASAP, so the packages which directly or indirectly depend on python-urllib3 are installable.

BR,
Michel

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/python-urllib3.git/commit/?h=el6&id=e6e52f508ef4a9620034b1a886abed23b3ec5c39
[2] repoquery --disablerepo '*' --enablerepo epel --whatrequires python-urllib3 python-requests
python-requests-0:1.1.0-4.el6.noarch
python-fmn-web-0:0.3.0-2.el6.noarch
python-requests-0:1.1.0-4.el6.noarch
asciinema-0:0.9.8-1.el6.noarch
ceph-1:0.80.5-9.el6.x86_64
ceph-common-1:0.80.5-9.el6.x86_64
cloud-init-0:0.7.4-2.el6.noarch
copr-cli-0:1.35-1.el6.noarch
darkserver-importer-0:0.8.2-1.el6.noarch
dnsyo-0:1.1.4-2.el6.noarch
docker-registry-0:0.9.0-1.el6.noarch
fedmsg-0:0.12.2-1.el6.noarch
mock-0:1.2.7-1.el6.noarch
packagedb-cli-0:2.6-1.el6.noarch
python-boto-0:2.34.0-4.el6.noarch
python-bugzilla-0:1.1.0-1.el6.noarch
python-copr-0:1.55-1.el6.noarch
python-docker-py-0:0.7.0-1.el6.x86_64
python-dopy-0:0.2.3-1.el6.noarch
python-fedora-0:0.3.36-2.el6.noarch
python-fmn-consumer-0:0.3.0-1.el6.noarch
python-libturpial-0:1.7.0-1.el6.noarch
python-mwclient-0:0.7.1-1.el6.noarch
python-pkgwat-api-0:0.12-3.el6.noarch
python-pyvmomi-0:5.5.0.2014.1.1-3.el6.noarch
python-pyzabbix-0:0.7.2-2.el6.noarch
python-requests-kerberos-0:0.6-1.el6.noarch
python-requests-oauthlib-0:0.4.0-7.el6.noarch
python-savannaclient-0:0.3-0.1.f816386git.el6.noarch
python-velruse-0:1.0.3-6.el6.noarch
python-x2go-0:0.5.0.0-1.el6.noarch
salt-0:2014.7.1-1.el6.noarch
supybot-fedora-0:0.2.17-1.el6.noarch
Michel Samia | Software Engineer
msamia at netsuite.com<mailto:msamia at netsuite.com>
NetSuite<http://www.netsuite.com/>: Where Business is Going

To learn more about SuiteWorld, visit
www.netsuite.com/suiteworld.

NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of NetSuite Inc. and is for the sole use of the intended recipient for the stated purpose. Any improper use or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender; do not review, copy or distribute; and promptly delete or destroy all transmitted information. Please note that all communications and information transmitted through this email system may be monitored and retained by NetSuite or its agents and that all incoming email is automatically scanned by a third party spam and filtering service which may result in deletion of a legitimate e-mail before it is read by the intended recipient.