[EPEL-devel] wine 32

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:31:24 UTC 2015

On 6 May 2015 at 00:28, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin and EPEL,
>
> Is there any sign of EPEL 7 support for Wine 32 yet?  The
> lack of Wine 32 is keeping me on SL 6.6 and it is starting
> to drive me nuts!
>
> EPEL: think of the guilt you would feel if I get
> stuck in an insane asylums over the lack of wine 32
> support!  Seriously, the guilt would haunt you to the end
> of your days.  Okay, maybe not, but still ...

Sadly it isn't possible in EPEL. There are not enough of the i686
libraries available to compile all the tools needed. It will require
people actually doing the work to making an i686 CentOS or Scientific
Linux but that only seems possible if the glibc/kernel/some other
tools are not the same as in x86_64 and it would require people to
actually do the work which no one has shown much effort in wanting to
do.

The only solution I could see is using the Fedora19 x86_32 wine and tools.

> Many thanks,
> -T
>
> Hey, I had to try.  If guilt doesn't work,
> I am really good at insincere compliments too.
>

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.