[EPEL-devel] crlibm and libscs for EPEL 7?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:46:51 UTC 2015

On 7 October 2015 at 12:27, Rich Rauenzahn <rrauenza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project that requires pyinterval, which requires crlibm which
> requires libscs.  These were available on EPEL 6, but aren't currently
> for 7.
>
> I've managed to rpmbuild crlibm and libscs directly from the EPEL6
> source rpms.  (A couple of texlive rpm dependencies for crlibm aren't
> documented properly, though.)
>
> Is it possible to get these published again by EPEL?  Do we know why
> they are no longer published in 7?  How can I help?

Packages in EL7 are brought in when the package owner is willing to
support them there. Usually the owner doesn't want to support it in
EPEL until someone requests it of them because they want to know it is
actually being used

In this case the two packages are owned by the same packager Tim
Niemueller who can be reached at tim at niemueller.de

I would email him and see if he is willing to put it in EPEL-7. If he
is then it should just need a branch request from him and a package
build. If he isn't then you can look to find someone who is willing to
own the package in EPEL.

> Rich

Stephen J Smoogen.