[EPEL-devel] build gradle 2.5 for EPEL?

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 18:57:57 UTC 2015

On 09/09/2015 04:32 PM, Matt_Domsch at dell.com wrote:
> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
> Mikolaj, would you please build gradle 2.5 for EPEL 7?  My development team uses gradle for our builds, and I much prefer getting packages from the RHEL/CentOS and/or EPEL yum repositories whenever possible.

Packaging Gradle for EPEL 7 is not a trivial task and currently I don't
have resources to do that myself, however I'm willing to help if anyone
wants to attempt that.

> Gradle 2.2.1-6 (as in F22) has a bug which prevents my projects from building correctly, which is fixed in 2.5 and above.

We can try to backport individual bugfixes to F22 if you file a bug
report in bugzilla.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat