[EPEL-devel] [Proposal] Converge EPEL and CBS

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Sep 23 16:19:35 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 07:21:16 PM Karsten Wade wrote:

> > It is a much bigger deal politically than technically
>
> I agree it's a big deal, but think it's more about 'supportability',
> which is the crossroads for technical, end-user needs, business
> dynamics, community capability, and so forth.
>
> I personally *like* that Red Hat support has comfort level with
> pointing customers at EPEL; I don't want that to change. To me that is
> a core promise from the community to our end-users, wherever they are
> from.

Completely agree, It is a change I would not really be comfortable making.
Some of the politics around it comes from Sales guys in Red Hat and support
people in Red Hat being comfortable saying go use EPEL, and they likely would
not be if it was built against CentOS.  But I do not want to rule it out
entirely and if we build i686 for epel7 it will have to be built against
CentOS for i686

Dennis