EPEL-users EPEL Reformed Steering Committee

Michael Stahnke stahnma at puppetlabs.com
Fri Aug 29 22:15:01 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> At last week's EPEL meeting, it was proposed that at least a short term
> governing committee be put together to help on the following items:
>
> 1) EPEL.next (EPIC or EPEL-rolling, etc)
> 2) Formalizing various amounts of unwritten rules for package addition,
> removal and maintenance in current repos.
> 3) Lower workload on Kevin Fenzi and Dennis Gilmore as they have been EPEL
> since the last EPSCO was around.

Are EPEL.next and current EPEL going to be steered by the same people?

> At that meeting the following people were nominated to the committee:
>
> Dennis Gilmore
> Kevin Fenzi
> Stephen Smoogen
> Jim Perrin
>
> Todays (2014-08-29) meeting this was 'formalized' with people attending
> the meeting.  Added to that was a beginning proposal of committee
> governance:

Is the meeting time also formalized? I can make this most of the time, but
forgot this morning. (Added to calendar now).

> The governance structure will be a short term organization to set up
> policies and procedues in place for continual maintenance of EPEL. The term
> of the committee will end 3 months after either new repos are setup or
> voted not going to happen by said committee. If a longer term running
> committee is required, the previous board will set up policies for
> elections and term lengths before the short term committee ends.
>
> After the meeting I realized that wasn't a good deadline so would like to
> alter it these changes should be completed by the Fedora 22 release date.

When is this project release date?  On
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/Schedule?rd=Releases/22 I see
2015-XX-XX. That's a lot of leeway.

> Working Motto: We put the SCO in Enterprise Linux

Nice