[FAmSCo] Mentor nominee deliberations

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Apr 5 21:03:52 UTC 2010

I was chided after the meeting in #fedora-ambassadors for our handling
of recent nominations. And largely I think that they are right for
chiding us. The process shouldn't involve us publicly embarrassing
anyone, or calling into question the work (completely volunteer
normally) they do for Fedora. That is bad on so many levels. It's
demotivating, causes other potential nominees to shy away from the
process, and essentially runs our mouth at the person who has been
doing work.

I'd like to propose that our public votes about a mentor be a straight
up or down vote.
If discussion needs to occur I propose you send email to
famsco at fedoraproject.org which will hit us all. That's less
transparent, but at the same time private.

Thoughts, comments, flames?

David Nalley