[FAmSCo] Mentor nominee deliberations

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 6 08:05:43 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, 6. April 2010 01:10:28 schrieb David Nalley:
> I don't disagree; a public and transparent process is good.
> If we continue to keep such discussions public how do we do so in a
> way that remains respectful and encouraging without sacrificing the
> integrity of the process?

As long as we consider - "How would i feel, if i would be the person in
question?", we are on the right way. Maybe IRC is not the right place because
there is less response-time to think over.

I also expect, that if a Mentor proposes a new Mentor Candidate, the Candidate
should really be ready to become a Mentor - to avoid such unworthy
discussions.
As example:
A very Active Packager is not automaticaly a good Ambassador or Ambassador
Group Mentor in the same way i would be a horrible Packaging Sponsor ;)

He should have at least some visibility inside the Ambassadors Group, he has
mentored some Ambassadors already together with the other Mentor to learn the
process and he should also be connected and already visible to the global
community so we see the work that is done in Ambassadors!

Maybe we should work on this in the next Mentors Meeting.
But i do not want to make more new hard rules. But if we had, we could have
avoid the previous discussions.

In this special case, i never gave a hard -1 until i was forced to do so - i
gave my answer and i think it is clear what i expect.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2010-March/000103.html

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688