[FAmSCo] Latam leadership

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 14:19:03 UTC 2010

I believe that LATAM is a large enough region for various people to have
leadership roles.  Rodrigo is helping out with FUDCon Santiago, and with
all community activities in Brazil.  This is incredibly important work,
and I can't say enough thanks to him for that.

Maria is active in various parts of Fedora including Ambassadors, and
has been collaborating with folks not only in Venezuela, but also in
other LATAM countries.

The region is too large for any one person to do everything.  I think
everyone is doing their best, and making good progress.

I thank both Rodrigo and Maria for their work, and I hope that we don't
have to have a public flame war.  :)

I understand that people are frustrated, but a message like this should
not be posted on a mailing list with open archives.  Personality
conflicts are a part of life, and I'm not here to say that people are
"right" or "wrong", only to ask people to think about what they are
saying in public, and whether they think it will do anything to improve
a situation.

--Max