[FAmSCo] privacy settings email

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 21:08:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:32 AM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
>> Pursuant to a conversation in irc, apparently we send a privacy
>> settings email to ambassadors who have privacy turned on in their fas
>> account. Apparently it's an automated email that runs every few weeks.

The actual mail is here. The privacy portion is redundant and most
irrelevant. :)

To all the Ambassadors concerned,

If you are receiving this communication, it means you have not updated
your country code (and most probably your full name)
in the Fedora Account System. This is causing some problems as we can
not list you under proper country in membership verification page.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService/Verification

Your role requires face to face communication with people. Towards
this goal, it is highly advisable that you update your account
information to include your country information so that we can have
you listed under the proper country. This simple move will help people
from outside the project to contact you easily if they need any
assistance or information. It will also help your peer ambassadors
from you country to contact you easily if they are planning an event
or just want to have an informal meet.

This work does not take more than a minute. It is highly recommended
that you complete this as soon as possible.

If you have any question, please revert back to us.

Howto:
1. Login to FAS https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/ with your
Username and Password.
2. Go to "My Account" from the left navigation panel.
3. At the top of the page you will find "Account Details(edit)". Click on it.
4. Fill in _all_ the missing informations. The most important ones are:

   * Full Name
   * Latitude/Longitude if you want to turn up in
https://fedoraproject.org/membership-map/
   * Your country information
   * Uncheck the privacy flag.

Thanking you,
Yours friendly,
Fedora Ambassadors Membership Administration.

Regards,
Susmit.