[FAmSCo] Assignment of all FAmSCo tasks

Larry Cafiero lcafiero at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 15 00:23:46 UTC 2010

We have a saying in the US: "Many hands make a lighter load,: meaning
the work distributed among many people makes everyone's job easier.

I say this with the hope that all FAmSCo members take one, or more, of
the assignments Pierros mentioned in the original e-mail.

I'd like to respond to a couple of items below:

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 02:15 +0200, Pierros Papadeas wrote:

> == Regional meetings ==
> Please! make sure you attend the regional meetings. Larry and I are
> heading NA and EMEA meetings. What about LATAM and APAC?

I chair the NA meeting, so I can't miss it :-) So I will attend that
one. Most of the time I attend the APAC meeting only because it is held
while I'm at work during a slow periodr. I can attend APAC meetings --
and I'll probably keep doing so -- but I think it would be good if
gbraad or kaio, who are in that region, could attend the APAC meeting as
the FAmSCo representative.

> == Membership administration ==
> That's the FAmA trac and the tasks behind that. Anyone willing to step
> up? I don't know if Joerg had this one because he was chair. If that
> is the case I am more than willing to take that.

If I take the mentoring below, I can help with this.

(snip)

> == Mentoring ==
> We need experienced mentors to head this one.

I volunteer to do this, since I might be the most experienced mentor.

> == Town hall IRC meetings ==
> Seems like a nice task, in need for a volunteer :)

This should maybe be a quarterly IRC meeting to discuss items with
ambassadors, or maybe more frequent (every two months?). I will put this
on the agenda for discussion.

Larry Cafiero