[FAmSCo] Ambassador "exchange program"

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 14 08:33:05 UTC 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 06:15:19 Max Spevack wrote:
> Joerg sent me an IRC earlier today which got me thinking a bit about
> Ambassadors from different countries or regions traveling to meet each
> other.
> * I believe that there is signficant value in helping to support
> Ambassadors from different regions or countries who might never
> otherwise meet each other to have some interactions.
> * It would be very easy to go overboard on this and become a Fedora
> Travel Agency, and we don't want to do that.  It has to be smart, and
> with a point.

big +1
thanks Max!!!

> * When we find new Ambassadors who we feel like could become the leaders
> in countries where we haven't had a strong presence, sending someone to
> those countries to help kickstart an event and offer some face-to-face
> interaction is incredibly valuable.

Max, yes - all the stated example show success-stories! Remember also Jeroen
who helped out to present at eliberatica in Romania the first time to meet
along with Nicu ... there are so many great examples!  And yes, me for myself
got much mature in my approach to be a good Contributor because of my trip to
india.

> In short, I think it's useful for FAMSCO to try to identify and handful
> of opportunities like this every year, and make them happen.  It's
> planting seeds for relatively small cost, that can have potentially huge
> benefit down the road.

To make such things happen we can handle it like in the past years, by making
healthy decissions. I think the most important point here is, that we as
famsco have a consent that there is value in regional exchange and we want
spend some of our money on this.

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688