[FAmSCo] Private information in famsco trac

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Jun 24 00:48:14 UTC 2010

Hi All:

Following up on the task to purge private information from our trac
instance so that we can open it up, I went through all of the tickets
and looked at all of the attachments. Below is a summation of my
findings. I'd like to get this purged (more on that in a moment) and
then have a second set of eyes go through all the tickets again to see
if I missed anything.

I'll initiate a conversation with the infra people about how to best
handle getting rid of this information. Certainly with the attachments
we could just purge them from the filesystem. For the comments
directly within trac I fear we may have to directly edit the database,
but again, I'll ask to be sure.

If it came down to it, would we be just as happy with purging the
tickets in their entirety?? I am not a fan of doing so, but think it
might be the easiest solution.

Ticket 12 contains attachment with personal information.

Ticket 14 contains attachment with personal information. Also body of
text contains account number.

Ticket 18 contains bank account number

Ticket 25 contains attachment with personal information
https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/attachment/ticket/25/lfnw0001..jpeg

Ticket 27 contains attachment with personal information

ticket 30 has personal information in followup comments

ticket 54 contains an attachment with personal information.
https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/attachment/ticket/54/calcomanias.jpg

ticket 56 contains an attachment with personal information.

ticket 59 contains an attachment with personal information

ticket 63 contains a bank statement with items obscured, but I'd
prefer we purge it.

ticket 64 contains a bank statement attachment with address
information revealed.

ticket 66 - I can't tell if the attachments contain personal
information - we should purge

Ticket 75 may contain personal information in attachment - can't read
greek to be sure, we should purge.