[FAmSCo] Private information in famsco trac

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Jun 24 01:16:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:11 PM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:18 AM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
>> Hi All:
>>
>> Following up on the task to purge private information from our trac
>> instance so that we can open it up, I went through all of the tickets
>> and looked at all of the attachments. Below is a summation of my
>> findings. I'd like to get this purged (more on that in a moment) and
>> then have a second set of eyes go through all the tickets again to see
>> if I missed anything.
>>
>> I'll initiate a conversation with the infra people about how to best
>> handle getting rid of this information. Certainly with the attachments
>> we could just purge them from the filesystem. For the comments
>> directly within trac I fear we may have to directly edit the database,
>> but again, I'll ask to be sure.
>
> No, as an admin, I can delete whatever required. Just let me know.

As far as I know of (and someone needs to double check after me) the
below list is all of the information. And yes, nb just informed me
that trac_admin status would let you modify any of that.

>> If it came down to it, would we be just as happy with purging the
>> tickets in their entirety??
>
> No, that is not required.

<lots of snipped content>

> Ok. These will be done.
> Thanks.

Susmit - awesome!! - if you need help, let me know.