[FAmSCo] Igor Pires Soares as a new Mentor for Latam

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 11 12:09:38 UTC 2010

Hi Rodrigo,

Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2010 22:28:50 schrieb Rodrigo Padula:
> Hello guys!
> I woud like to nominate Igor Pires Soares [1] as a new ambassador mentor
> for Latam and specially for Brasil.
> Igor was invited by me to join as ambassador in 2007 and since this year
> he is responsible by the Pt_BR Localization Team and since 2009 by our
> BrOffice official SPIN.
> This year Igor accepted new challenges at Fedora i18n and QA.
> He is contantly travelling with us to do lectures in many events about
> Fedora Project, Fedora Localization and Spins/Remixes creation.
> IMHO, he has all skills needed to this position at Fedora Project.
> Best regards!
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Igor

I am a bit unsure, before i give my vote, my thoughts about this - (maybe i am
wrong?) - Igor has almost no visibility within the Ambassador Group ML List
and Ambassadors on IRC - I see that Igor has a strong regional focus and
provided valuable contributions for his region - as a Mentor he has to
encourage People to join also a global not only a regional community.
What do you think if we encourage him to provide more visibility in
Ambassadors first and let him also mentor some of your mentees first,  before we
add him as a official sponsor? I also want to hear other opinions!

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688