[FAmSCo] commission the new FAmSCo - decommission the former FAmSCo

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 29 21:01:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Joerg Simon wrote:

> For the new Members i want to point you to important links, that you
> may should know - if not yet noticed ;)
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_project_structure
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_tasks <-- something to consider
> for your first meeting besides electing the chair
>
> The Former FAmSCo met every Monday 18:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-1
> Learn about our former work:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_meetings
>
> The Meeting Agenda is updated ongoing (no multiple pages for every meeting)
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_agenda
>
> of course the mailing list archives are a ressource as well and i am
> around as liason to the Fedora Board for you ;)

We did a pretty good job of updating all the FAMSCo-related pages at the
beginning of last year.

I think the new FAMSCO should also feel free to think hard about the
"tasks" page, and what should remain, and what should go.

My humble advice -- focus strongly on making sure that famsco does a
good job of managing and supporting regions of the world, especially the
ones that have been less well-served in the past.

--Max