[FAmSCo] commission the new FAmSCo - decommission the former FAmSCo

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:33:02 UTC 2010

Em Seg, 2010-11-29 às 23:09 +0200, Pierros Papadeas escreveu:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Max Spevack
> <mspevack at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Joerg Simon wrote:
> >> The Former FAmSCo met every Monday 18:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-1
> >> Learn about our former work:
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_meetings
> >>
> >> The Meeting Agenda is updated ongoing (no multiple pages for every meeting)
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_agenda
> >>
> >> of course the mailing list archives are a ressource as well and i am
> >> around as liason to the Fedora Board for you ;)
> >
> > We did a pretty good job of updating all the FAMSCo-related pages at the
> > beginning of last year.
>
> Indeed! Nice easy-reading ones :) Thanks previous FAmSCo!
>
> > I think the new FAMSCO should also feel free to think hard about the
> > "tasks" page, and what should remain, and what should go.
> >
> > My humble advice -- focus strongly on making sure that famsco does a
> > good job of managing and supporting regions of the world, especially the
> > ones that have been less well-served in the past.
>
> Couldn't agree more!
> We will definitely work on that!
>
> About the meeting time I am totally OK with that. Though, this Monday
> I will be in layover at Prague returning from Mozilla Balkans
> Ljubljana :)
> According to my research Prague International Airport has free wifi so
> I will be able to attend :)

It feels great to get into a nice organized committee. I lot of work has
been done over the past years and I will put all my efforts to keep up
this good work. Improving the support of those communities that have
been less well-served in the past is an issue that needs a lot of love
indeed.

The meeting time already established looks good to me either, but if the
members are wiling to change it after the chair election I'm sure that we
can find a suitable time for everyone.

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares