[FAmSCo] FAmSCo vote for FUDCon LATAM 2011

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 16:00:03 UTC 2010

Hi Jared,

You may already have this in your schedule, but I see that FAmSCo is
getting together to discuss the FUDCon LATAM bids on Monday.  They
would probably benefit from having the FPL on hand to expedite the
process of getting from consideration -> decision -> informing the
community -> proceeding with planning.

If for some reason there's a lack of quorum of FAmSCo members, having
the FPL there means the group that does show up can still proceed with
decision making.  That way we don't lose momentum.  I'm pretty sure
FAmSCo would agree with this thinking.  The idea isn't to cut anyone
out, but simply to make sure we don't inadvertently put a roadblock in
front of the LATAM community.

Thanks for working together to get this moving!  Joerg sent a nice
note about it to the FUDCon planning list, and I know the community's
very excited to start working on this next event.