[FAmSCo] librebus (freedom bus) across central america

neville at taygon.com neville at taygon.com
Fri Apr 15 19:54:39 UTC 2011

The concern is about completing the budget. José Lopez has agreed to join
from Costa Rica to El Salvador.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Magjogui
 This is from May 4th to May 12th. He will need to travel before or on May
3th. Bus ticket one way is about $60, and he will hop-off on El Salvador.
The committee was wondering if fedora could support the expenses for José
Lopez for those days (9) during the route. That will be lodging, food,
travel insurance, and also pitch in a bit for gas and materials (leaflets
and t-shirts). That may be around $1,500
I haven't check with Edna Rheiner but I think she can take over the tour
in Guatemala.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Erheiner

I will be on the tour since it get into Nicaragua, until left the border
toward Honduras.

I am not saying those people will be denied participation. At some point
it was suggested that may be nice to have fedora branding on this bus, and
I am exploring how we can make this happen. I will be happy to keep up
with a dialogue to find a way to help this project and get fedora
exposure. There are any ideas that some one may like to propose to the
librebus project?

Best regards

Neville