[FAmSCo] New meeting time

Clint Savage herlo at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 8 14:12:04 UTC 2011

All,

It does appear that most of us are available somewhat during the week.
While I think it will be important for ambassadors to attend FAmSCo
meetings as well, it looks as though issues which are brought up at
meetings can be discussed during the week via email.

Meetings can be organized in such a fashion that when new business is
brought up, logged and discussed for a short time, maybe 10-15
minutes, to make sure we have a good understanding of the business.
The remainder of the discussion can be had in the famsco mailing list
(I believe it's public and if not, maybe we should work on some
solution there) for the following week or so, returning to the meeting
to perform the formal, quorum required duties, like voting, official
statements, etc.

In this case, it seems that any time on the whenisgood matrix should
work where most/all of us could attend. In this way, we can keep the
meetings succinct and focused. I'm as busy as the rest of you, but I
think I can spare an hour any day of the week if I already know the
issues.

My thought is that the meetings should weekly and be no longer than 60
minutes. If we try to work asynchronously through the mailing list
otherwise,we can get quite a bit accomplished during meetings and move
the ambassador community forward quickly and in positive directions.

Cheers,

Clint