[FAmSCo] a (re-)introduction of Harish

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 7 17:18:47 UTC 2011

Hi FAMSCO,

I wanted to take a moment to make sure that you all know Harish Pillay,
who is part of Red Hat's community team.  Part of his job
responsibilities is to be the primary point of contact for
community-related issues in the APAC region, which includes Fedora.

Would you all be kind enough to make sure that his FAS account
(harishpillay) has proper access to the APAC ambassadors trac instance,
and possibly the famsco instance as well, because one of the things that
he will be able to do is help with some of the budget needs in the
region.

Harish is also able to help with coordination for events, swag, etc, but
in a way that is identifying and empowering local community members to
get the work done with the financial backing of Red Hat, as opposed to
Harish simply doing all of the work himself.

The same way that we build an Infrastrcuture team or a Marketing team
that has many people empowered to get stuff done, we want to have teams
of Ambassadors around the world.

And when our APAC ambassador team needs the attention of a local Red
Hatter, Harish is the guy to go to.  I know that many of you already
know Harish, as he's been around Fedora for a long time.

Thanks,
Max