[FAmSCo] survey results

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 17 11:55:34 UTC 2011

On 07/17/2011 04:56 AM, Gerard Braad wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On 07/16/2011 07:19 AM, Gerard Braad wrote:
>>> For example, most of the results came from APAC.
>> Nope from EMEA ;)
> relative/in comparison to the amount of Ambassadors we have in APAC
> as mentioned on the meeting, we also want the answers (needs) per
> region as this gives a better overview.

maybe i just get it wrong or we speak about different things/parts in
the survey - and i do not want to nitpick here - but metrics are part of
my job ;)

And if 14 of 104 APAC Members have answered the survey they represent
~13,2% of the APAC Community.

And if 20 of 140 EMEA Members have answered the survey they represent
~14,2% of the EMEA Community.

if the result is "most of the results came from APAC"!
it is not the right conclusion even "relative/in comparison"!

but as said before - i do not want to be the ätsch "i know it better guy" ;)

Much more important, i think the results of the survey are valuable and
i look forward what we can learn from it. I do Membership Metrics for
the Ambassadors since Years as you know from the Monthly reports and
maybe it can also be a first step to develop metric to measure the
success of events and to measure where our ressource are most valuable.
We had to consider Events, Users, Code-, Artwork-Commits,
Ambassador-Activities .... and so much more. I really hope that i can
contribute something and finisch it with more scientific background with
some much smarter(than me) indian contributors during the FUDCon India.

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688