[FAmSCo] FAD @ 12th Free Software International Forum

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:00:43 UTC 2011

Em Qua, 2011-05-11 às 15:06 -0300, Igor Pires Soares escreveu:

> > > I wrote to Max a few months ago about this but did not get a reply from
> > > him. The actions that depended of the local team are done, we now need
> > > to get people there to represent Fedora and make the FAD happen.
> > >
> > > From the last meeting I recall Pierros saying that it is ok to use
> > > budget to organize a FAD, but CommArch might want to say a word on this
> > > as well.
> >
> > It is totally Ok to allocate budget (~1000 USD) for FAD, please
> > proceed with wiki page creation so we can have some estimates and give
> > the sign-off
>
> The costs are placed on a spreadsheet linked on ticket #161 [1].
>
> Total travel subsidies are around 2,000 USD, so we might have to cut it
> in half by funding the cheaper tickets since the appropriated amount is
> around 1,000 USD. That can be done, although it's not optimal. A cut
> would put us on ~800 USD.
>
> The media budget on the spreadsheet is for the Fedora 15 time frame
> (ticket #178 [2]), not only for FISL. I don't know if we can provide
> that amount at once, but if we can't I can split the ticket into one
> media ticket specific for FISL and other for Fedora 15 time frame.
>
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/161
> [2] https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/178

At today's FAmSCo meeting we agreed to fund lodging for who is going to
pay for the airfare and lodging+airfare for who lives near the city
where the event will be held.

According to that criteria we can fund Daniel and Wolnei, what would put
us under $1,000, leaving some space for swag. I updated the spreadsheet
[1] and will update ticket #161 accordingly. The ticket for media (#178)
is still pending approval. We can split it in a specific ticket for
FISL, if needed.

Pierros, are there any actions left to give it a go?

[1]
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuIKQhUCZgdldGZyRUlobFVLQ3Z3X20tdnFLRGNKamc&hl=pt_BR&authkey=CILsysQB

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil) - Member of FAmSCo