[FAmSCo] Resignation of a FAmSCo member

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Fri May 20 16:00:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 10:39 -0500, neville at taygon.com wrote:
> > Hi Neville,
> >
> > On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Neville A. Cross <neville at taygon.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I think that the correct order of things will be:
> >> a.- Appoint a budget wrangler
> >> b.- Some one to propose remove Rahul and vote on that.
> >> c.- Call on extraordinary elections for one or two seats (According to
> >> point b).
> >> d.- Verify by extraordinary election we got some one from NA and give
> >> him NA tasks.
> >> e.- Give follow up to Scott Williams as Mentor for Ambassadors.
> >>
> >> I was about to call for a break before burn out from FOSS activities.
> >> Librebus was kind of too much for one month. I was looking forward to
> >> review all activities to select just a few to keep helping. Larry
> >> resingnation shaked all this, and I feel bad to go to "low power mode"
> >> at this point.
> >> I was suppossed to be one of the media wranglers. So if needed I can
> >> take budget tasks left by Larry. I will take other stuff to "low power
> >> mode"
> >> --
> >> Neville
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
> >> Linux User # 473217
> >

> > Thanks for this,
> >
> > And I agree with your list of preference. I do believe someone to
> > represent NA would be vital and I would like to hear what the other
> > think of this.
> >

> I was uninformed ... so there is no need for removing Rahul. There is no
> need for calling elections. All that is optional. I may suggest that we
> can share the load if we have more hands.
>
> I liked some opinions on the ambassadors mailing list from NA ambassadors,
> saying that they do not feel misrepresented if there is not NA member on
> FAmSCo. As pointed out, FAmSCo represent all ambassadors. I also was
> trying to point out what specific task are for NA, and I found none. So it
> will be nice to have some one from NA but it is not a necessity
>
> So from my list, what we really should look to solve on Saturday meeting
> are point "a" and "e". Other items are optional and not as urgent as those
> two.

I am sorry that I rushed to conclusions. There is no need to remove
anyone from FAmSCo. I have reviewed the attendance and FAmSCo meetings
have reached quorum most of the time without any problem.

I really sorry that I have write things that where not properly
evaluated before proposed to the list.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217