[FAmSCo] New FAmSCo election rules - please confirm

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:37:47 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

now that we worked out the final details and approved the new FAmSCo
election rules [1], I am about to announce them in public. Before I do,
I wanted to double check one detail with you.

With the new guidelines we are switching from a yearly to a half-yearly
election schedule. The relevant part of the guidelines states that
> 7 seats were up for the F16 and earlier elections, and the following
> election will have 3 seats up for vote. The 3 seats that will be up
> for election will be the bottom 3 vote-getters from the prior
> election.

This means that the seats of Zoltan (377 votes), Gerard (348) and Caius
(339) will be subject to the F17 elections in June [2]. Please confirm
that you are aware of this and were so when we approved the guidelines.

I am sure that all of you who want to continue serving on FAmSCo will
get re-elected if they decide to run again and did good work in the
past. In case you are unsure about the latter, now is the right time to
show the community how passionate you are about Fedora.

Kind regards,
Christoph

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cwickert/Proposed_FAmSCo_election_rules