[FAmSCo] [Ambassadors] FAmSCo calls for F18 release parties!

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:55:25 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. :)

Jiri, thank you for your e-mail.  :)

> APAC has done a good job, but EMEA has only one release party currently, and LATAM and NA not a single one.

I am very proud of all who are considering doing a Release Party.

Currently, at Fedora 18 Ambassadors Team Tasks [1], there are few deadlines to consider.

No. Name                                           Start                End
12. FAmSCo Regional IRC town halls     Fri 2012-12-07 Fri 2012-12-21
13. Release Event Submission Deadline Fri 2012-12-14 Fri 2012-12-14
14. FAmSCo Review Budget Allocations Fri 2012-12-14 Fri 2012-12-14

* Are there "FAmSCo Regional IRC town halls" in the works?

* Do we need to consider a one week extension request for both the "Release Event Submission Deadline" and/or "FAmSCo Review Budget Allocations"

My thought on the "Release Event Submission Deadline" extension is because that we at APAC have been talking about this topic for two months and if there is still other regions which need to do this may be an additional week will assist them.

Secondly, if "FAmSCo Regional IRC town halls" are still to be executed, then "FAmSCo Review Budget Allocations" need to reflect these current regional cash-flow needs.

Food for thought.  :)

> Fedora 18 is going to be a great release and release parties are a great opportunity to show the release to users. They're really important from from the marketing perspective and are usually a lot of fun, too.

A big +1 on that.  :)

> That's why FAmSCo would like to encourage you to organize one in your city, university,... Fedora Project can help you cover costs related to release party organizing and don't forget that FAmSCo has announced a contest in which organizers of the best release party in each region will be given $80 to have a nice dinner.

I put this FAmSCo e-mail reference into the Fedora 18 Release Events Wiki [2]

In the past, to help people do their own Release Events there would be some instruction provided i.e., [3] and [4]  This may be of advantage to those who need a little help as well as guidance on what to do especially since there is only five days at this time in order to put together this Release Event Submission based upon the current deadline.
===========================
Referenced URLS -

[1] http://jreznik.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-18/f-18-ambassadors-tasks.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_events
[3] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-April/017385.html
[4] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2010-September/000363.html
===========================
Please have a Great Fedora day and/or evening! :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

---------------------------------

一石二鳥
いっせきにちょう

One stone; two birds.

To kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

=

Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
With sixteen (16) x86_64 computing cores, 80 GB of RAM and eight SATA
Seagate 7200.12 - 500 GB harddisks.
With sixty-four (64) x86_64 computing cores, 256 GB of RAM and 1TB harddisks.
The system definitions are at the following URL:
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey#Using_embedded_code_have_updates_automatically_done_for_running_systems.27_status

=