[FAmSCo] FAmSco meeting 2012-12-27 minutes

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 27 21:54:09 UTC 2012

Hello FAmSCo,

On 27.12.2012 20:19, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> Log:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2012-12-27/famsco.2012-12-27-17.00.log.html

just some short clarification -

> 17:34:11 <sesivany> another problem is that kital's cc will expire
> very soon, and AFAIK he doesn't want to do it any more. I've been
> promised a community cc, but no progress so far.

I just wanted to make sure that there is no impression i stick too much
in this role as CommCardHolder, my Card expire in May 2014 - sorry if i
confused it before - and of course as long as it helps the Fedora
project, i provide my services as a CommCardHolder to FAmSCo and any
other instance inside the Fedora Project who need it!

I offered Christoph also to help out in the APAC region, till their
CommCard is in place - as long as my credit-limit is enough. There where
also discussion to raise this limit, but with the structural changes -
shifting commarch to marketing - all efforts regarding this stopped.

> 17:37:21 <cwickert> well, he is not happy about the changes we made
> 17:37:44 <cwickert> but I think the biggest problem was he did not
> understand them

with giving up duties in the steering commitee and  board, i made the
decission to step back from governance for reasons too complex to write
down here. But with this decision i also decided to shut up and not
interfere as long as not being asked or as long as it does not concern
my work by making it harder for me to do my Fedora Duties. I do not work
in Fedora governance - so it does not matter what i think about the
"changes" in general and i really have less emotions on this.

> 17:49:31 <cwickert> but it shows that kital is not up to date with
> the latest developments

it is right that i had to shift my priorities a bit, to work more on my
dayjob and on becoming a more valuable contributor to the ISECOM - still
i am up to date about Ambassador and famsco changes and discussions -
but i do not comment on everything, for the reasons already explained above
(e.g. i requested a change to the emea swag-tracking wiki frontpage
regarding the budget changes - quite some time before famsco changed it ...)

-- Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688