[FAmSCo] APAC Fudcon Bids

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 14:02:18 UTC 2012

On 02/24/2012 06:48 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 23:29 +1000 schrieb Caius Chance:
>> Hi Robyn,
>>

>> AFAIK, APAC community had been discussed about the FUDCon APAC will be
>> scheduled in May 2012 (likely the last weekend of May). This is
>> acknowledged by FAmSCo and Harish.
And that is fine. There's a difference, however, between agreeing that
we'll have one in May, and having more concrete details about it.  While
I appreciate the agreement, neither FAmSCo nor Harish are the ones
directly responsible for ensuring that the FUDCon happens, or is successful.
> FAmSco did not acknowledge anything, because we lack important
> information.
>
>> The info about date of Mar 2012 should be outdated.
> Robyn did not say that the FUDCon was supposed to be in March but
> somewhere between March and May. All bids mention a date in May which
> makes things a little easier for us, but even for May we need to hurry
> up and start planning now. We cannot afford spending USD 15k on a badly
> planned event.
Particularly since we have the release of F17 in early May, assuming
that it is released on time, and a FUDCon in LATAM in mid-June.   The
majority of planning, payment, etc. need to happen almost immediately.
>> If you need meeting logs for reference. I will collect it with APAC
>> community and forward to you timely.
> Please do not forward it to Robyn be mail but add all relevant info to
> the ticket. I think we already discussed this in the last FAmSCo meeting
> and you agreed to do it.
Yes, FAmSCo needs the information as well to help make the recommendation.