[FAmSCo] You will be removed from FAmSCo mailing list!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:49:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 04:06:36PM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Alright, with this subject line I now should have everybody's
> attention. ;)
>
> Don't worry: Nobody is to be removed from FAmSco list at this point,
> however I see a lot of people on this list who are no longer - or have
> never been - members of FAmSCo:
>       * David (david gnsa us)
>       * Jared (jsmith fedoraproject org)
>       * Jörg (jsimon fedoraproject org)
>       * Harish (harishpillay fedoraproject org)
>       * Maria (tatadbb gmail com)
>       * Max (mspevack fedoraproject org)
>       * Paul (stickster gmail com)
>       * Pierros (ppapadeas gmail com)
>       * Rahul (metherid gmail com)
>       * Robyn (rbergero redhat com)
>       * Susmit (thinklinux ssh gmail com)
>       * Thomas (twoerner redhat com)
>
> Igor is subscribed twice (igor projetofedora org and igorsoares gmail
> com).
>
> There is no doubt that Jörg should be on this list as he is the list
> owner and FAMA guy. Same goes for Harish because he is CommArch. Robyn
> is subscribed because she is the FPL and I think that the FPL should
> always be subscribed to this list.
>
> But what about the others? Please ask yourself if you still need to be
> on this list. If you are no longer active in FAmSCo or the ambassadors,
> consider unsubscribing. If you think there is a valid reason for you to
> remain on this list, please tell us and we'll figure out how to
> proceed.
>
> I would like to clean this list up because I think it is unfair that we
> reject new subscribers but don't remove former, inactive FAmSCo members.
> On the other I don't want to forcefully remove anybody because I know
> that some of you have done an extraordinary job for the ambassadors and
> still would like to know what's going on.

I was on the list as a former FPL, and it does make sense for the
current FPL to be on the list of course.  Thank you for taking care of
that, Christoph.  The only reason I can see for me to remain on the
list is to be aware of discussions so that I can help advise Robyn.
But that reason really comes down to her judgment call.  I'm sure she
could easily fill me in as needed.  I'm happy to stay on the list if
it's helpful for everyone, and otherwise will not complain if I'm
removed.  Thanks for doing this maintenance!