No subject

Fri Jul 20 17:26:04 UTC 2012

is the one who is giving money, so they should express what they want.

2.EXPENSE APPROVING
Problem: how to ask for expense approvals, who is allowed to approve expens=
es up to a certain amount.
This is a part I thought we finally solved. It was discussed for months and=
 we finally agreed on that in FAmSCo. But I've been told that the NA region=
 raised objections. Guys, if you don't like the final proposal, please come=
 up with something better, otherwise we will die going in circles. But I do=
n't really want to ditch the current proposal completely. 3 regions are OK =
with that and we really need well defined responsibilities if the regions a=
re to handle a significant amount of money.=20

3.REIMBURSING
Problem: to find a fast and easy way to pay reimbursements
Frankly, I don't think there is any way to allow us do wire transfers on be=
half of Red Hat. There are 500 people in our office and not a single person=
 is allowed to do wire transfers herself.
The best solution is to find a service where we can make payments to all co=
untries where we reimburse people and Red Hat pays all fees right away. But=
 this is where we can only help with suggestions. Alejandro suggests prepai=
d credit cards. Why not if it works in LATAM? But I don't know such a thing=
 in Europe, so it's not probably a global solution.
Hopefully, Robyn/OSAS/RH financials will come up with something useful. But=
 until that I doubt if we can do anything about it.

4.REPORTING/ACCOUNTING
Problem: tracking all expenses and knowing how much we spent and on what
Hopefully, RH financials will provide us with more accounting data after sw=
itching to OSAS. But we don't have to rely on them if we track expenses pro=
perly. That's where the new accounting track should help. But we need to wa=
it for suehle to design it because it will serve mainly her. When it's up, =
regional treasurers and credit card holder may work with suehle on details.

Here are some suggested action items coming from it:
1. Robyn - defining a process of budget making, or at least saying what'd w=
ork the best for her.
2. NA guys - proposing changes to the new approval rules, so that they don'=
t stay in their way as little as possible and still work for other regions.
3. Robyn - asking our financials/legals to find a service provider that wou=
ld allow us pay people in most countries in the world
4. Suehle - setting up a new trac for accounting purposes

Jiri